COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF ISIOLO
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
The Isiolo County Public Service Board invites applications for the following job vacancy:
ICPSB/2019/03: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (PAYROLL) J/G “P” (1) POST
Terms of Service: 3 Year Contract (Renewable)
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be deployed at the payroll unit within the department of public service management. Specific duties and responsibilities:-
- Oversee and direct payroll procedures
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations
- Supervise and coach payroll team
- Develop systems to process payroll account transaction (e.g. salaries, benefits, deductions, taxes and third party payments).
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations) and system upgrades.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies.
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audit
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Resolve issues and answer payroll related questions.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- Be in a possession of a bachelor’s degree in human resource management or in any of social science with a higher diploma in human resource management from recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in human resource management.
- Served for a minimum period of five (5) years in payroll management or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service.
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks.
- Be a member of the institute of human resource management.
- Experience in integrated payroll and personnel database (IPPD) system is a must.
Applicants must attach their CV and copies of the following documents:
- Academic and professional certificates and other testimonials
- Copy of national identity card
- Certificate of good conduct from CID
- Certificate from credit reference bureau
- Clearance from HELB
- Clearance from EACC
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
How to Apply
Prospective candidates should download and fill a job application form provided on the website: www.icpsb.or.ke. Attach copies of updated CV, National Identity card, academic and professional certificates and other relevant testimonials to:
County Public Service Board
P.O Box 224-60300
Online application to: www.icpsb.or.ke
Applications MUST be received on or before 6th May 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
County Government of Isiolo is an equal opportunity employer.