ISIOLO COUNTY GOVERNMENT
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
Pursuant to the provisions of section 74 of the County Governments Act, 2012 and Section 14 of the Urban Areas and Cities Act, 2011, notice is hereby given to the umbrella bodies/sectors listed below to each nominate one (1) person for consideration as a member of the Isiolo Municipal Board.
The umbrella bodies/sectors are expected to forward duly approved minutes nominating suitable FEMALE candidates to the undersigned by Friday 17th July, 2018.
The membership of the board of a municipality is as specified under section 13 of the Urban Areas and Cities Act, 2011 and shall be nominated by—
- An umbrella body representing professional associations in the area;
- An association representing the private sector in the area;
- A cluster representing registered associations of the informal sector in the area; and
- A cluster representing registered neighbourhood associations in the area.
- An association of urban areas and cities
Functions of the Board
- Oversee the affairs of the Municipality.
- Develop and adopt policies, plans, strategies and programs and may set targets for delivery of services.
- Formulate and implement an integrated municipal development plan.
- Develop and manage schemes, including site development, in collaboration with the relevant national and county agencies.
- Maintain a comprehensive database and information system of the administration and provide public access thereto upon payment of a nominal fee, to be determined by the board.
- Implement applicable national and county legislation.
- Monitor and, where appropriate, regulate municipal services where those services are provided by service providers other than the board of the municipality.
- Prepare and submit Municipals annual budget estimates for approval and administer the budget as approved.
- Monitor the impact and effectiveness of any municipal services, policies and programs or plans.
- Establish, implement and monitor performance management systems.
- Promote a safe and healthy environment.
Hussein Roba Boru
Isiolo County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 224 – 60300